Friday, April 16, 2010

Quick food update

I don't have a picture, but I can add raw chicken to the list of relatively strange foods I've eaten. In some places here you can even eat it as sashimi/sushi, but my friends and I ate it marinated and wrapped in lettuce at a restaurant last night. Japan is big into "course" meals, where everything is set before you get there and they just bring the appropriate amount for the number of people.

Apparently raw chicken is safe to eat if it's incredibly fresh (Kyushu is famous-ish for it's yakitori, skewered grilled chicken, so I figure there are a lot of chickens in the neighborhood to eat at a moment's notice?). It wasn't chewy as I was expecting it to be. The marinade was very yummy (though the lettuce wraps were too wet, ew), but I don't think I would choose to eat it again.

I did like the raw cow liver sashimi I had a few weeks ago... more so than the grilled liver.

What food adventure is next??

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © 博多美人
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com