Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Upcoming activities

Things I am looking forward to this week:

Thursday: The Fukuoka EU Association is having a wine, music, ikebana, etc. etc. gathering that I managed to RSVP to incredibly late, but haven't received a rejection fax so I assume my attendence is go. Japanese friend (graduating from college and leaving for Osaka or Tokyo, cry ;_;) who is my wine buddy and I will enjoy sampling wines from the EU, hahaha... I guess the music and flowers and food might be interesting too.

Saturday: Beer and Pizza party with fellow JETs living in the area. The pizza will be from Costco (AKA America). YESSSSS.

Sunday: Fukuoka Softbank Hawks vs. Busan Lotte Giants. As part of some friendship promotion thing, there's going to be a sister-city baseball game! S from NZ got tickets through work, and I am not one to turn down free baseball tix. One of my coworkers gets to interview some super famous Korean actress, oh lala!

That is about it. I took some nice pictures of the city the other day (which I will post within the week), since I didn't make it to Dazaifu to see the plum blossoms. I hope they are still blooming this weekend, as I am going to try to squeeze in a visit before the beer and pizza consumption commences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Copyright © 博多美人
Blogger Theme by BloggerThemes Design by Diovo.com